The Pilates Method is a full body strengthening and elongating exercise with emphasis on building and using core strength all while practicing the connection between mind and body.
Some benefits of Pilates Include:
- Improved muscle tone
- Increased strength and stamina
- Better posture, flexibility and balance
- Increased core strength (diaphragm, abdominal and back muscles, pelvic floor)
- An improved sense of wellbeing
- Eases common aches & pains and rehabs injury
- With a better sense of body awareness, a stronger core and better balance, Pilates can be a preventative for injury.
- Athletes benefit from Pilates
- Pilates can be a total body fitness, sculpting & toning workout, and our group classes are designed this way.
How often should you do Pilates?
We often get asked how often one should take a Pilates class or session. If you are looking to reap the benefits of a total Pilates body, then at least 3x per week is optimal but it can be more. Regularity develops strength and stamina, and Pilates is an excellent way to transform your body from the inside out. Your body is learning new exercises and frequency allows for you to build on them each and every time. We encourage this especially at the beginning, so you get a chance to feel your body transforming. With that being said we do understand that 3x per week may not be feasible for everyone so we just say get here when you can! We anticipate that you will love it so much that you will always look forward to getting back to the studio.